A. Description of the methods of analysis and investment strategies we use in formulating investment advice or managing assets.
Methods of Analysis:
• Global Macro
• Analysis of Sectors and Industries
• Top Down Value
• Underlying Fundamentals;
Investment Strategies we use:
• Long-term purchases (securities held at least a year);
• Short-term purchases (securities sold within a year);
• Trading (securities sold within 30 days);
• Short sales;
• Margin transactions;
• Option; including, covered call writings, uncovered calls and puts purchases and/or spreading strategies.
Risk of Loss:
Investing in securities involves risk of loss that clients should be prepared to bear. While the stock and bond markets may increase in value and consequently your account(s) could follow suite, it is also possible that the stock and bond markets may decrease in value, and consequently your account(s) could suffer a loss. It is important that you understand the risks associated with investing in the stock and bond markets, your investment portfolios are appropriately diversified, and that you ask any questions you may deem important for managing your investment portfolio(s).
For clients who own alternative investments, the absence of a public market, lack of liquidity and an expected long term investment time horizon may include the following risks that you should consider: